Thursday, February 11, 2016

Simple and Quick Chickpeas Salad

Earlier I had written the recipe of my Chickpeas Salad, where I had not used tomatoes. This one is with tomatoes and it tastes equally awesome. Here is link to the Chickpeas Salad without Tomatoes.

Any type of Beans is very good for lowering Bad Cholesterol ie. LDL Cholesterol. So, I make sure alternate days I have a salad for dinner. In this recipe I will use Chickpeas but you can use Cannellini beans, Black eyed peas or Rajma beans.

Ingredients: 
  • Chickpeas - 1 cup soaked for 4-5 hours prior
  • Onion - 1/2 cup cut finely
  • Tomato - 1/2 cup cut finely
  • Spring Onion Greens - 2 table spoon cut finely
  • Cabbage - 2 table spoon cut finely
  • Cilantro - 2 table spoon cut finely
  • Lemon Juice - 1/2 lemon
  • Salt & Pepper to taste


This pic does not include the cilantro I cut.

Method:
  • Cook the chickpeas in pressure cooker till cooked completely.
  • Once cooled, remove peas from cooker.
  • Add all the ingredients
  • Mix well and Enjoy :-)


No comments: